Revert to an older version of Internet Explorer
If you installed a newer version of Internet Explorer and want to revert back to the older version, you can unless you have installed a service pack afterwards. If you installed Internet Explorer and then installed a service pack, you will not be able to uninstall the newer Internet Explorer. You can try uninstalling the service pack and then uninstall the internet explorer but that doesn't always work. To uninstall Internet Explorer, do the following
- Go to Add/Remove Programs (This link will open in a different window)
- If Internet Explorer is listed, then you can uninstall it. If it is not listed, then you cannot uninstall it.
- Highlight Internet Explorer
- Click on Change/Remove
- Follow the steps
- Reboot the computer
The following is the default versions for the version of windows. The default versions of Internet Explorer cannot be uninstalled.
- Windows 98, Windows ME - Internet Explorer 6
- Windows XP - Internet Explorer 6
- Windows Vista - Internet Explorer 7
- Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 8