How to reset modem
If you cannot access the internet, try resetting the cable or DSL modem. Here is the procedure. (Click on the link for further instructions)
Have a cable modem and can't connect to the internet. Do the following
- Turn system off
- Unplug your cable modem from the computer.
- Unplug the power to the cable modem. This will reset the cable modem.
- Turn the computer on (with the cable modem unplugged)
- Turn the computer off after it gets to the desktop
- Plug the power back in on the cable modem.
- Plug the cable modem back in the system.
Here is information on turning off and on Cable/DSL Modems and Routers.